Friday, December 13, 2013

Nordstrom - Bellevue Square for the Holidays!!

I popped down to one of my favorite places to shop here in the Pacific NorthWest - Nordstrom @ Bellevue Square.  Maybe everyone already knows this but when I walked into the store yesterday (12/12/13) they were completing the install for the Tom Ford cosmetic counter - Yay!  Tom Ford here in Bellevue!  I am probably a little too excited about this but if you only knew what lengths I have gone through to get some of the Tom Ford stuff you might appreciate this tid-bit of news.

I am very excited to have the Tom Ford here F2F - its great to be able to see, touch, and feel what you are buying.  I have primarily been purchasing my Tom Ford over the internet at Neiman Marcus - so trust me when I say I am excited!!

Additionally, I met two new friends:
Amy Sepulveda - Smashbox

Amy Sepulveda - Account Executive for Smashbox and
Marissa Chambers - Smashbox Counter Manager @ Nordstrom

Both were super, super sweet and very very sharp.  They don't know this about me but if they let me I would talk their ear off about make-up.  Amy and Marissa turned me onto to two products;

1.  The Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer
*  Pale pink in color
*  Smooth and soothing under the eye
*  Velvety texture and fragrance free

2.  The Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer  (Award Winning)
*  Clear in color
*  Fragrance fee and feels a bit like that silicone type of feel
*  It leaves a smooth layer on the face which allows your base and foundation cosmetics to lay on a flat surface providing a refined surface


Marissa Chambers - Nordstrom


Around my eye I have this flaky fine-line thing happening
(new to me) and I also had puffy-eyes (which I really never have).  Needless-to-say the ladies hooked me up once they saw the state of me and applied the products.  And No-Joke - by the time I got back to the house (about 2 hours later) my little flaky eye and puffy-eye situation were GONE!  I was pretty impressed actually.


Now, some of you are already familiar with both of these products, but they were new to me.  Something the ladies do not know about me is I can have sensitive skin sometimes, but both products were super soothing on me and I had no adverse reaction to either product what-so-ever.


 The next-day (on clean face) I again applied both products and had an even better experience with both primers (but especially the eye primer).  A great experience I have to say.














































































Here is how good these Smashbox artists are - I left the house yesterday in full face - meaning, I did a pretty good job of applying the paint before I got the day started - however, I did skimp on the brows (full confession) and just brushed some sable brown eye shadow over my brows because I didn't want to take the time to pencil and powder, and dress my brows - Amy totally clocked-me - she said "...let me show you this really great eye pencil..." and filled in my brows for me.  The pencil has a slanted tip to apply the color on one end, and the other end holds a brow wand to dress, set and brush your brows -  (incidentally, I did purchased the pencil as it is a terrific tool to have in your arsenal of cosmetics)


I had applied eye make-up, cheeks and lip gloss before I walked out the door - Im still pretty amazed that she caught the one-thing I skimped on - Well Done!!  : )  That Amy is one sharp exec!  Thanks again for all your help yesterday ladies - it was super fun to meet you!!!


The Smashbox Brow Tech To Go pencil

Smashbox Brow Tech To Go
Now on to gloss.....I walked around the store and was comparing holiday/glitter lipgloss.  In past I have worn the
Chanel Glossimer in colors 151 or 171 - the two clear options - however, I was walking around and found the new Guerlain 'Maxi Shine - Gloss d'Enfer' Lip Gloss in #400 Gold Tchlack.

After walking around the store with gloss all over my hand I purchased the Guerlain because of the reflective properties in the gloss itself - under low-light or night-light you are bound to get the most bang-for-your-buck with this gloss in the gold - its super beautiful and reflective and is not too goopy or thick and is quite lovely as far as glosses go.  The pictures on-line do not do this gloss or the reflective properties justice - its quite stunning in person.

Anyhow, another fun day of make-up - happy holiday shopping everyone!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this stuff too. I have the lip gloss in the pink and its amaz-balls...